When you’re thinking about giving your home a fresh look, you might be considering relying on apps for convenience. Interior design apps are easy to find, but will they provide you with the right kind of help for the changes you want to make? Keep the following information about these apps in mind to help you determine if you should use them for your planned project.
Interior Design Apps
Whether you’re trying to choose new paint colors or rearranging rooms, you can find apps that make these tasks easier. Some of the more notable interior design apps include the following:
- Chairish: Browse for pre-owned, high-end decor.
- Hutch: Shop for furniture while being able to virtually outfit your room.
- Color Capture: Keep track of colors that catch your eye while you’re out and about, so you can incorporate them into your decor.
- BrightNest: Easily keep track of your decorating to-do list.
- Ikea Room Planner: Augmented reality app to see how Ikea items will look in your home.
- Morpholio Board Pro: Keep decor shopping lists, sketches, and other items handy all in one place for easy reference.
- Photo Measures: Take a quick pic of furniture, and write its measurements down to easily refer to while shopping.
While these apps can be useful, it’s important to note that they’re geared toward interior decorating rather than interior design. These projects might sound similar, but there are notable differences between them.
Interior Decorating vs. Design
Whether or not you should use these apps depends on the kinds of changes you’re thinking of making to your home. If you’re interested in updating your wallpaper, getting new furniture, or choosing new art or accessories, these apps might be right for you. However, they really should be considered interior decorating apps rather than interior design apps. Interior decorating involves making aesthetic changes to a room without replacing or installing new fixtures.
Interior design refers to making changes to permanent fixtures like appliances, lighting, or windows for a kitchen remodel. These projects can involve input and expertise from professional interior designers and architects, such as ensuring that paint colors complement your new fixtures. These projects are typically much more complex than interior decor projects.
Whether you’re planning on making some smaller changes or completely remodeling your bathroom or another part of your home, hiring professional interior designers can help you achieve the results you want. With interior decorating projects, you don’t necessarily need to hire professionals. Depending on the scope of your project, you might be able to depend on interior decorating or design apps to help you do your planning. However, having interior decorating experts assist you might help this process go more smoothly.
If you need interior design services for your home in the San Francisco Bay area, contact Drafting Cafe Architects. We’ll provide you with a free estimate and help you choose the best fixtures for your home. Keep in mind that we also provide interior decorating services to help you improve the look of your home.