Upgrade the look and function of your kitchen with custom kitchen appliances. Designer kitchen appliances are the latest trend in kitchen design to elevate both function and the aesthetic in your kitchen, the heart of your home.
Choose from different appliance designs and colors, customizable layouts, or even technology that can allow for personalized use. A digital-era kitchen may include programmable appliances, web access, and customizable screens.
Reasons to Add Custom Kitchen Appliances
Designer appliances add personality to an otherwise very functional, yet boring part of your kitchen. Add customized appliances to match the aesthetic and increase the function of the kitchen. Aesthetics aside, we have all wished for an extra burner or an alternative refrigerator layout.
A custom appliance allows you to design your kitchen appliances to how you cook and your family’s needs. Cooking and food are an integral part of our lives. Customize appliances to simplify the cooking process. And if you dislike cooking, a designer appliance may make it more appealing!
Can You Afford Custom Appliances?
Fortunately, the popularity of designer kitchen appliances has led to increased availability and affordability. This means homeowners can afford a luxury kitchen on a budget. There are some mainstream appliance brands that offer designer appliance options.
Samsung has a Bespoke Refrigeration line that brings a designer look at an affordable price. GE also has a luxury appliance line called the Cafe Collection with gourmet cooking capability. The very popular Viking ranges come in a variety of eye-catching color options for around $5,000-$6,000.
In the end, kitchen appliances are an investment. Consider cost per use, and the value of convenience, function, and design for your lifestyle and cooking habits when you build your budget. You may discover that high-end appliances are worth the extra expense.
Here are a few of our favorite picks for designer kitchen appliances:
- Jenn-Air Cooktops and Rangetops. Whether you want a griddle, an extra burner, or a warming drawer, these high-end, precision cooktops have you covered. These minimal cooktops sit almost flush with the top of the countertop.
- True Refrigerators. These stylish, customizable refrigerators come in nine color combinations to add a ‘wow’ factor to your kitchen remodel. We particularly love the look of the matte black refrigerator with copper accents.
- Bertazzoni Professional Ranges. This professional Italian brand of ranges comes in a wide variety of colors. Add a pop of color without compromising cooking capability.
- Smeg Appliances. Smeg is known for its amazing retro-look appliances and colorful hues. The refrigerators may look retro, but they are energy efficient, and customizable. The ovens are designed and made in Italy, for precision cooking.
- Bluestar Ranges. Pick your color, your design, door style, and even interchangeable trim and knobs. Bluestar ranges can really add color and style to your kitchen. Different burner options are also available, so you can truly design your dream range.
Work with Your Designer to Add Custom Kitchen Appliances
Your designer should be familiar with appliance brands and options. Make clear goals when planning your kitchen, and your designer can guide you toward the appliances that meet your needs and desires for your kitchen.
At Drafting Cafe Architects, our designers understand the importance of appliances in your kitchen remodel. We can help you realize your vision, including designer appliances that fit your kitchen and your budget. Contact us today to get started on your dream kitchen.